At The Brink Of

At The Brink Of

A long time has passed:
I have lived through all these days.
I'm happy to admit it,
Because truth is what I say.

I was with you since my dawn,
Only to understand you the day I left.
But it's all past and gone,
My days when in the sand I crept;

I have loved you always
Realised it only some time ago,
For time is all that I have had
To sit back and reckon - what I know;

Oh! You are majestic -
Prettiest amongst all that I have seen.
You have grown strong in me
Thought all the places that I've been.

This love is not unrequited:
I know that for sure.
For you speak an immortal language
Enchanting me into your lure ;


Days of sorrow have passed,
I'm coming back to you now -
Undoubtedly I'm the happiest man today;
To strengthen all my vows.

I'm proud to love you
You're untouched by the world's treachery.
Just as pure as the white maiden
You- all my chains break free.

People talk
of love
I doubt if they know its existence;
For my fair maiden is my home
A paradise on earth thence.

The hills are aesthetic,
Unaffected by the worldly norms,
One of many reasons why I love them,
So today I pack my bags-I'm going home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afterlife

Echoes

Castles