Intoxicated








In a creek I heard a sound,
Went ahead to investigate;
Stopped  midway, thinking-
It was too late.

Too late to keep moving,
Or too late to stop;
So I paused there,
And I thought .

What good could come,
Of walking into it -
Than returning,
To the hard earned seat.

What we want,
Is insignificant;
In a convoluted timeline,
Words lose their meaning.

So I walked on, through -
Undifferentiated right and wrong;
And the eerie noise turned,
Gradually into a soft song.

I stood at the corner,
Thinking for one last time;
For what I was bound to lose,
Was considered a heinous crime!

I walked in with dilemma,
Well-guarded with a smile.
The alleys croaked and screamed,
As I stepped onto the tiles.

And there shone a mirror,
In it a reflection of my own.
Mesmerised, I touched it,
And the glass turned to stone.

The soft songs of lore,
Reduced back to moan,
I turned to look,
But all was gone.

The intoxication rolled away,
And I was caught in my own play,
Thinking of what I'd lost,
I wished to be intoxicated again someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afterlife

Echoes

Castles