Voices





I heard a knock,
And you did too;
I crawled through the floor,
Why didn't you?

I opened the door,
No one to see;
I heard you laugh,
At my misery.

I saw the words,
You read them too,
I climbed aboard,
You left for good!

All is to say -
There's a voice in my head,
But it's not me,
I stand in the open,
But I'm not free,
And its guided,
Not by senses or belief,
But pain and misery!

The root of all evil,
The shoot of all love;
Running generations through nations,
Only thin wood up above.

The ability to exploit,
It knows not what it wants;
Steering through dilemmas,
Its a pleasure - to hunt!

It calls you a hero,
The saviour of the ones;
Then stabs you in the back,
And laughs as you stand stunned.

All is to say -
Loot, money or fame,
Is the same - to blame
Through tantrums and trains
And all of your right,
Leaves you in the fight,
Fuelled by the voice,
And its flight!

And the voices inside,
Will astound you.
Into a cesspool - drown you,
With a frown - crown you;
And when you think -
You've had it all,
Spears and vultures -
Will break your fall,
Your existence will take a toll,
On what's left of your goal!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afterlife

Echoes

Castles