Rainman





Rainman! Rainman!
Make it rain.
Tear my heart and
Wash away my stains.

Rainman! Rainman!
Where have you gone?
The heat is abrasive,
And I've waited for too long.

It happened when he believed,
It Didn't when he didn't.
Some said it was God's wrath,
Some, a product of his sins.

Disdained he sat under a tree,
With eyes drowned in misery,
He looked all around,
Not a green in sight,
Not a bird in sound.

It had been years,
He blamed himself for all;
Not a drop to drink,
Dried stood the waterfall.

Rainman! Rainman!
It is not your fault.
Clasp your hand in prayer,
Get this heat to halt!

Rainman! Rainman!
The ground can offer water no more.
The crops have dried, wise men fight,
Your powers have become a lore!

He clasped his hand in prayer,
Like yesterday and the day before;
He swung out his trident,
And danced till his feet were sore.

I do what you ask for,
No, I do so much more;
Why do you not see?
My people scream and hurt,
My children lost for glee.

But the Gods did not speak,
Like they had been doing for so long;
He knew not what to do,
He knew not what went wrong.

Rainman! Rainman!
Come to my rescue.
My soul is breaking down,
My face melts in lieu.

Rainman! Rainman!
Pour down the ocean.
You are not weak, you are loved by me,
Now set the world to motion.

And that is all he needed,
A word of affection or two;
Had his people realised it sooner,
This trauma they wouldn't suffer through.

So now in faith,
He took his stage,
His trident pointed the Gods;
I order rain, this time i beg not
And rain came pouring, just as I'd thought.

The children came out dancing,
The fathers followed them too;
They realised the fault in them,
And they now knew what love could do.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Afterlife

Echoes

Castles