Chocolates



It is no different than when -
I open a box of chocolates.
Put my hand out to grab one,
But my mouth ends up with at least ten!

And so I wallow in guilt,
Post a treat of cocoa, sugar and more;
The chocolate always decides,
Whether I snigger or sob under my quilt.

How uncanny is the likeliness!
Of memories and of chocolates;
When one does not know the other,
Except maybe when you stress.

And so like the other day,
I lingered in the alleys of my past,
Plucking out memories one at a time,
Overwhelmed by what they had to say.

I hugged one tight,
And inconspicuously escaped the other;
Carefully sieved my joyous moments,
And the ambiance turned warm and bright!

But oh! What a blunder!
Sieved thoughts had grown to what they were -
A mix of ecstasy and horror;
They bombarded me with shame and wonder.

That is when I realized,
Why one chocolate does not suffice.
For they aren't discrete units of life -
One cannot be loved, while the other is criticized.

All that the chocolates want,
Is cognizance indifferent to their taste;
For a box may contain several of all essence -
Some will bring you smiles, some haunts!

And since I have learnt what they wish,
I sit quietly, breathing in peace;
Judging them not for their taste or color,
For they have conspired to make me myself,

Oh, this reverence is bliss!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afterlife

Echoes

Castles