Keys





Keys unlock doors,
Keys lock them too.
Keys, some are for me;
Keys, some are for you.

Your keys don't open my doors -
My doors stand rooted into the floor.
While yours may require a gentle nudge,
Mine require a deeper touch.

And what a fool was I to think:
How a gentle twist of your wrist -
Could swing your door open,
While mine wouldn't bulge -
Even as bones shattered in my fist.

And how unfair is it that while -
You're destined to unlock twenty and four,
I'm stuck way behind,
With many, many more.

Keys to my Kingdom,
Rattle in the chains of destiny;
I'd ventured to collect a few,
But no, there are too many.

And while I stand firm and broken,
Before this cold, damn door;
All I am sure of is that -
There's nothing to be sure!

Yes the world is unfair and -
There's nothing much I can do about,
But chisel my way into making keys;
And sometimes on the way -
Break down and frown.

Because keys, I've heard can unlock doors:
Yours won't fit in mine,
Mine won't fit in yours;
Keys I've heard can open up a brand new world:
One that I've seen in my dreams,
One that I've often myself told.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afterlife

Castles

Echoes