Contemplation

There are so many battles, wars in the name of religion. But wars wage on grounds untouched by knowledge. If one hates a part of his life, he should get to know it better, something good always comes up. Sometimes its good to take time out of a busy life just to get to a mosque or a church and reflect on things peacefully. Things need not be done the same way they have been done in the past years. Seek out the truth behind everything, even your religion. You'll be surprised to know all the things that were kept hidden till now.

Every night of Ramadan, Muslims need to visit a mosque to offer their prayers, and a summer night in the hills is just amazing. The feeling you get sitting quietly outside a mosque with the gentle wind blowing against your face is priceless- contemplating life itself. This was the place where I wrote these words.



                                                           Contemplation

I undid my shoes and walked inside,
Walked straight - had cleansed myself at home;
Oh! It was a gentle night
Before me were people bowing to powers unknown
What were they but blind worshippers?
To a God? Or different misnomers?

Walked to a halt, down I sat,
Sat where the ground was cold.
A mortal beside me sat on a mat,
And prayed on the mat that looked old.
Hands folded to a cusp, tears in his eyes:
He sat because outside silent were his cries.

The place had started getting to me
For it was quiet - peaceful.
I could only hear water falling free
It was to sanctify people: A mere tool.
A dog barked far from the land,
Through the opening above I could see stars grand.

I stood up and walked further into the enchantment
To realise mainly old men stood at the foundation;
Old? They had only imbibed their sentiments
Sat in true peace indifferent to creation;
Peace is what the world needs,
Ironically it wants it through greed!

Enticed, I passed into a memory
"Do you believe in God?", asked someone.
I didn't answers, I was in a hurry
No! I couldn't answer: A byzantine stun.
'Perhaps there is a creator, but not of religions' today shall I answer,
The universe is huge - little does my answer matter to the religious lancers.

I smiled for a reason unknown,
I stood up to offer my prayers,
Not to a God, but a future without a frown,
To ask wisdom for every slayer,
I chanted verses I learned as a child
Barely did I know their meaning, but it was okay, it was mild.
There was no war, but only peace inside the holy shroud
Shroud where another 'blind worshipper' to an invisible power bow'd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afterlife

Echoes

Castles