Fly me to The Moon







Fly me to the moon,
I have lived here long enough.
I need a greater perspective,
Of the mighty mountains and the seas rough.

I have sequestered the courage for long,
I have put it up in rhymes and songs;
The fuel- the words have just been enough,
So I walk to you, I stand up!

Look! The launchpad so dynamic and vibrant,
Through successes and failures I have found it.
Now I sit upon, my eyes to the moon,
I'm here; you're here; we'll be off by noon!

The earth so jealous, I'm leaving it away,
But it doesn't realize how close it is to me;
For only here did I find my way -
When I stumbled onto you, across the alley.

Now the voyager is ready - it is bursting its fuel,
I sit fingers crossed; I have experiences new;
In awe and scare, I look ahead, a shiny piece of glass!
And in the shine of the glass: I see you!

So I am no longer afraid, as the rocket takes to life,
I'm thumping my heart, the moon seems so bright;
And all the worries I leave behind,
As I fly to the moon,
In this wicked congenial time!

Comments

  1. Damn, splendid work!
    But, don't leave us yet man.
    We need your poems and stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry man, I'll send them through satellite communicationšŸ¤£

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Afterlife

Echoes

Castles