A Dead Man

On a mild summer day, I sat on the chair in my father's shop at around 1 p.m. Like always, there weren't many customers and i enjoyed the calm streets with occasional traffic. Moments later, I saw a dead man covered in shroud carried by four people, followed by more. Below are the feelings that aroused in me and suddenly changing my 'out of the world feeling' to the reality of practical life.


I saw a dead man pass by.
Covered in a green shroud,
With the heavens on it.
Four men bore the weight,
For that was all left.

I didn't know who was it.
I only saw deluded faces following:
It was not a massive crowd.
Only a diminutive community that cared,
For whatever it was worth, I prayed.

To whom I do not know;
Only making me realize how fragile life is,
It pushed me into the depths of silence.
Moments later I realized it was someone I knew,
Seldom did I meet him on an easeful evening.

He had grown old, I had grown up.
I wondered when I would grow old...
How short this life is,
Where we burden all the unnecessary,
And leave behind true happiness.

How long will this fragile crystal last?
Family, friends, loved ones, all need to go.
Frailties cluster upon us everyday:
But that is what makes us beautiful,
The will to keep moving is passed on.
Spend this infinite currency as much as you want,
Don't save it for some unviable moment.
And all these thoughts bubbled up,
Only because I saw a dead man pass by.





P.S: Share my posts if you like them. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Afterlife

Echoes

Castles