If You Could

When we are alone in a quite place, our repressed memories that chill us to the bone start bubbling up. No matter who we are, what we are, where we are, we all have memories or incidents that we wish to forget, obliterate completely from our lives. I too sat in my room alone on a gloomy evening, hardly had I talked to anyone in days. I had started running out of things to do.  To my rescue came an old friend who called me on my cell phone. I hadn't talked to him in days so we talked for almost half an hour. After talking to him I had this immense feeling of joy that came forth tearing right through my boredom. That is when I wrote this:


If You Could


If you could forget something, what would it be?
Would it be your wretched thoughts,
Or some unviable memory?
What must you expunge from your mind?
A terrible apocalypse,
Our your punishing congenial time?
What torments you the most?
 Is it your beloved's reminiscence,
Our are you being chased by some other ghost?
Why do you hide it in the shadows?
Do you like it the same,
Our are you too afraid to open to the meadows?
Why don't you consider living - an option?
Is the world too bad,
Or is it just your caption?




Life is short - people say so;
But grief, pain and agony make time go slow!
Climb higher than the mountain of regret,
And then shall you ask yourself:

"Is there anything I would like to forget?"





P.S: Share my posts if you like them. :)

Comments

  1. Wow... amazing thought, but don't get carried away and become "GAJINI"... :P
    (BTW: shouldn't "our" be "or"...?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Afterlife

Echoes

Castles