The Hills of Darjeeling


Darjeeling is called the Queen of Hills and there's a reason to it. It cannot be explained on mere sheets of paper. I consider myself really fortunate to be a part of this Grey Haven. I only realized this when I experienced the real world. I'm away from it but everytime I get back home, it's a different experience. Everytime I get back home, I fall more and more in love with it.


The Hills of Darjeeling


I ascend the serpentine road,
In vanity where I gloat.
No more do the world I loathe,
For this Grey Haven is bestowed-
With the Almighty's musical note;
The hills of Darjeeling.


The preposterous world is left behind,
From up here is just a dime.
With a luring evidently mine,
By its vastness- a heinous crime-
That fades away as I climb;
The hills of Darjeeling.


As I climb I see,
A spider webbing the crest of a tree.
A fresh start under the pearly galaxy,
Wild noises through the forest run free-
As flocks of birds fly over me;
In the hills of Darjeeling.


I reach the top obscured by mist,
Whose conjuring has healed my cyst.
My skin has the moist wind kissed,
And chilled my locks frosty to the crypt-
As I smile dodging a trip;
In the hills of Darjeeling.


But all's worth it when I reach the top,
And smell the placid air of fresh crops.
That all the weariness at once mops,
Ignites an uncanny happiness that inside me hops-
When I stand above all the world that drops:
Low- Before the hills of Darjeeling.





P.S: Share my posts if you like them. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afterlife

Echoes

Castles